To obtain an understanding of how to troubleshoot, maintain and improve GE Gas Turbine (GT) operation using the GE Speedtronic™ Mark V (mk5) Turbine Control Panel (TCP).
Covering the fundamentals, architecture, software, operation, and maintenance of a mk5, the course introduces the GT major components, associated systems, and TCP preparation for operation. The Case studies resulted from actual customer questions and remote support calls resolved by GTC. The Cases provide a unique insight, and understanding with direct application, as practical tips, or potential enhancements.
For courses delivered at our Hawthorne, NY Training Center, we utilize our energized Mark V panel and our custom built simulator. For Customer Site training, we utilize only our simulator.
Duration: 5 Days
- Intro: Instructor & Delegates. Brief overview.
- Manuals and Drawings
- Welcome: where are we? Initial Questions/Discussion
- Rung Ladder Logic: Intro to the programming language
- Photo album – Layout: Cores, Power Supply, PDM, I/O
- GT Operation – Article: This is Droop Control. Feat. Isochronous
- Droop Control Exercise
- Navigation #1 – Screens, Files, Directories – Dos and don’ts
- Rung Ladder Logic Reading – Inversion masks, Failsafe Design
- Rung Ladder Logic: Exercises + L86CB – Code it, check w/actual
- Nomenclature Review of Device Function Numbers
- CSP + TC2KREPT + IO.ASG + IOCONFIG – what changed from mk4
- MCC Drawings – Relationship with TCP
- Navigation #2 – Detailed description of screen displays – cont.
- Case Study 01 – Nothing Works!
- Signal Flow – Introduction to Troubleshooting
- MLI 0400s – Main GT systems Oil, Trip Oil, Gas, Liq. Fuel, IGV, Hydr.
- Ready to Start/Speed Relays – Start checks
- Case Study 02 – Happily Burning Fuel
- Main Protection Trip Circuits. Detailed description
- Protection Systems – Auto-synch. Breaker circuit – Load Control
- Case Study 03 – Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- FSR – Firing/Warmup/Accel./Speed/Temperature/Manual.
- Case Study 04 – Stubborn Attemperator
- Simulation – What happens when
- LVDT Calibr – ACALIB.DAT, Elec. Vs. Mech. Stroke – Non-Linearity
- Case Study 05 – Calibrations: things that make you go hmmm
- Maintenance Practices – EEPROM Backup, EEPROM DOWN/UP
- Algorithm review – Control System Specifications
- Sequencing Functions – Sequencing Exercises
- Case Study 06 – Complete sequence, not.
- Case Study 07 – Rude Reminder
- Case Study 08 – It takes two to Tango
- Protection Systems – Comb. Monitor, Vibration, O/Speed, O/Temp
- Vibration Protection Channels + Control Constant Adjust
- GER 3620 – Turning Gear/Ratchet. Maintenance Factors.
- Case Study 09 – Cool turbines don’t ratchet
- Case Study 10 – Had a chance, and missed: No start for you
- Troubleshooting tips: Find the ground – Follow the alarm
- Case Study 11 – Ground Fault Alarm Promoted
- Check your knowledge – Final Questions
- Q&A – Your turn
- Course Evaluation
- Certificates. Adjourn